Hen Parties are Liars!
…if you believe the Daily Mail.
According to research by Schofields Holiday Home, quoted by the Daily Mail:
- 81% of hen parties said they lied about the purpose of their stay in order to book holiday home accommodation
- 43% of parties accidentally damage the properties.
These statistics coincide with the number of hen parties booking holiday homes for their parties doubling in the last 5 years – from 15% to 30%.
The figures are shocking when looked at in isolation, but we do wonder how many girl weekends away or even couples accidentally damage a property during a break – a fuller picture is needed to draw a fair comparison.
We all want to have a great party so here’s our advice to get the perfect holiday home:
- Research where to go and try to choose somewhere set up for hen parties
- Use a dedicated hen party company such as DesignaVenture
- Be honest about why you are using the property.
- If you do damage something then let the owner know before you leave and pay for it – 36% of hen parties that caused damage were contacted by the owners for compensation. It’s also much easier to sort out who needs to pay before you all leave – don’t get left with the bill.
If you are booking holiday home accommodation then here’s some great hen party at home ideas.